“To glorify God by equipping students with the tools necessary to pursue a lifetime of learning so that they may discern, reason, and defend truth in service to our Lord, Jesus Christ”
- Cornerstone Christian School Mission Statement
As a Christ-centered school, Cornerstone Christian School (CCS) passionately embraces the Word of God as the primary authority for life and teaching. Education is never neutral, and more than simply engaging in a dialogue of religious rhetoric, Cornerstone values Christian character and the communication of truth both through integrated teaching and through the godly example of faculty members who daily model a Christian walk through their lives and demeanor. A Cornerstone education equips the students to love God with all their minds [Matthew 22:37], to ask evocative and probing questions, and to boldly explore the various nuances of knowledge from the conviction that all truth is God’s truth. CCS seeks to integrate faith and learning so that our students may walk with a stronger and deeper faith, ready to glorify God in service to all. As ‘image bearers,’ it is the intent of Cornerstone to promote a healthy and proactive discussion of alternative viewpoints welcoming the chance to dialogue with others within a framework of relationships, understanding that views and beliefs may differ, and to appreciate that discourse is a powerful vehicle for creating community.
Cornerstone students are expected to adhere to the school rules and to show respect and kindness to all students, parents, faculty and guests. The older students are trained and expected to model excellent character since our campus includes young children who learn by watching them. At the beginning of each school year, Cornerstone students sign a Code Of Honor contract, to which they are held accountable and hold each other accountable.
Cornerstone Christian School intentionally and strategically maintains a low student-teacher ratio and is committed to maintaining a small overall student population which will encourage strong relationships, honesty, integrity, and community. In all this, the atmosphere at CCS is one of “firmness with freedom” and is a vibrant learning community to the glory of God.
Statement of faith
The following is the foundation of beliefs on which Cornerstone Christian School is based. They are also the key elements of all orthodox Christian churches that will be unapologetically taught in various ways through all grade levels. While we do not require that all students believe, we do ask that at least one of the parents is a Believer. The substance of these statements is that which will be considered primary doctrine at CCS. Secondary or divisive doctrines and issues will not be presented as primary doctrine. When these types of doctrine or issues arise, they will be referred back to the family and local churches for final authority (see “Secondary Doctrine Policy”).
1. We believe the Bible alone to be the Word of God, the ultimate and infallible authority for faith and practice.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that, for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary.
5. We believe that salvation is by grace through faith alone.
6. We believe that faith without works is dead.
7. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
8. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, those that are saved to the resurrection of life and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation.
9. We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Secondary Doctrine Policy
This policy applies to all Cornerstone Christian School teachers in their capacity as teachers.
Secondary doctrine: Doctrinal issues that are not addressed in the school’s Statement of Faith.
Classroom discussion of secondary doctrine should be on an informative, nonpartisan level. Teachers must be careful not to speak to the students in a manner that would cause offense to the parents or their denomination.
Presentation of all sides of an issue is highly encouraged.
The teacher should encourage the students to follow up any questions they have with their parents and pastor.